Sweet Brown Shuga Scrub

We had a wonderful family spa day. We took turns massaging each others hands and feet. Ooooh heaven! What a perfect valentines day treat!
I purchased the glass jar from walmart (1.50), then I added some vinyl lettering X & O's around the jar. And I made a sticker topper in Photoshop using a digital scrapbooking kit, and I printed it out on sticker paper. Woot Woot, easy project!


*1 cup brown sugar

*1/8-1/2 cup oil
(depending on the texture you like. I only used about 1/8)
You can use almond, grapeseed, hazelnut, coconut, canola, anything non-allergenic.

*smidge Essential oil (10 drops or less)
(I used lavender,but you could use tea tree oil, vanilla etc.) Use whatever you like as long as it is not contraindicated, or won't harm your skin).
You can skip this step if you wish, it's simply added for the aroma!

*Optional: You can also use a little bit of Vitamin E oil
(It's great for skin nourishment). You can just cut open a few of the Vitamin Oil capsules and let the oil drip into mixture)

Combine the sugar and the oils in a bowl. Mix with your hands until blended. Put in a jar with a lid.

TIP: In the summer,you can keep it in the fridge. The coolness will feel extra good.

3 Amazing Friends Said...:

House of Smiths said...

Ooo, you ARE a little miss crafty pants! I love your vinyl. It's so great to see what two different people can come up with!
K, so I am totally lacking in the computer skills department. And I tried the dumb button thing again...and nothing. Sorry. I would love if you could help me out!! What do I need to give you?
Shelley Smith
casonshelley@gmail.com

CG said...

Great idea..I'm going to make some for mother's day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I just found your blog and I love it. Every single project I've looked at has gone into my "to make" folder!

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments! Thanks for taking the time to express yourself!